- use bindings: automatically dispose objects.
- Slicing: refer to strided subarrays with a concise syntax.
- Labelled and optional arguments: give function arguments names and default values.
- Monadic-style asynchronous programming: a beautiful functional style for concurrent programs.
- Visualization API: allows F# programs to use a uniform API to generate graphics using third-party products like Excel for F# for Visualization.
Background reading on the reference counting vs tracing garbage collection debate - Eight years ago I answered a question on Stack Overflow about the suitability of OCaml and Haskell for soft real-time work like visualization: "*for real-ti...
3 weeks ago