- use bindings: automatically dispose objects.
- Slicing: refer to strided subarrays with a concise syntax.
- Labelled and optional arguments: give function arguments names and default values.
- Monadic-style asynchronous programming: a beautiful functional style for concurrent programs.
- Visualization API: allows F# programs to use a uniform API to generate graphics using third-party products like Excel for F# for Visualization.
Does reference counting really use less memory than tracing garbage collection? Mathematica vs Swift vs OCaml vs F# on .NET and Mono - Our previous post caused some controversy by questioning the validity of some commonly-held beliefs. Specifically, the beliefs that reference counting (RC)...
4 weeks ago