Saturday, 11 October 2008

Book review: F# for Scientists

Matt Valerio has kindly written a review of our book F# for Scientists, saying:

"I managed to get my hands on a copy and I have to say, it is fantastic. It covers everything from the basics of the language, through functional programming concepts, to advanced list processing, to data structures, to numerical analysis, to lexing and parsing, to multithreading, asynchronous operations, optimization, and even 3D DirectX graphics! As if that list of topics wasn’t extensive enough, the book even talks about file I/O, .NET interop, databases interactions, Excel import/export, simple graph plotting, interfacing with Mathematica, web services, and integrating with LINQ. Even though it only weighs in at 323 pages, it is a massive amount of useful information. I’ve already read the first few chapters and have really enjoyed it. I can’t wait to find the time to finish it. I think that source code for the book will be available soon. This book becomes the 3rd book about F# on Amazon, right behind Foundations of F# by Robert Pickering and Expert F# by Don Syme (both also highly recommended)."

No comments: